Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pinterest Inspired Dresser



Triple Red Stripes onto some furniture! 
This dresser was inspired by this picture from Pinterest. 
 I just loved the triple red stripes.  They just spoke to me.
I love finding beauty in simple things.

Here was what the dresser looked like before 
except the sides were covered in warped veneer.
I scraped away what was bubbled up and,
then simply nailed thin 1/4 in plywood over the top.


I used good old frog tape for my stripes on each drawer.
I wanted to add a little character to the top so I 
did contrasting stripes.  I had intended on painting the stripes red, but
once I took off the tape I just loved the wood peaking through.



I LOVE how it turned out.  I changed out the knobs to
some metal oil rubbed bronze for the final touch.  
This piece is off to our church fundraiser.  
I wanted it to appeal to a broad audience so that is another reason I 
left the wood tones instead of the red.








9 comments:

  1. Love those stripes, the whole look really suits your style. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this!! i've been drooling over wood + paint combinations! and scheming to play with it myself! love love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Pinning it now, it turned out fantastic. I'm your newest follower!
    Jen @ fishsticksandtiddlywinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unique and beautiful - cool stripes! Great idea for a fundraising effort! I would love to try that at our church! I would love if you stopped over to my Creative inspiration linky party (happening NOW) and linked this up! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Isn't if funny how different things inspire you? Your dresser turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Lovely. Very lovely. Smart use of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are truly a nice person. That's alot of work to do & then so generously donate it to your church. You inspire me. Thanks for sharing, Dee from My Painted Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dresser - love the stripes and I have this linked to my strips post too today, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. I LOVE your Feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...