Spring Home Decor: Chipboard Letter Tutorial



I went to Hobby Lobby for fabric and came out with fabri AND these chipboard letters.  They were 40%OFF.  I thought that was a great deal.


I started by painting each letter a different color.  I painted the backs and side a color.  I painted the tops white.


I decieded to cover them in some bright colored fabric from my stash!  I just used some scraps.  I played around with differnt combinations until i found one that I loved.  (notice the first letter is already covered in fabric...I didn't like the look because I forgot to paint the top white so I painted it and recovered.)


I traced each letter onto paper and then pinned the paper to each fabric and cut.


I then mod podged the fabric onto the letters.  I did two coats.  One to attach the fabric and a top coat to make the letters shiny.


I hund the letters from some denim from an old pair of jeans.  I cut two 100 in pieces.  One of 2.5 in and one was 1.5 in. wide.  I serged the edges.


I then sewed a basting stich down the center and ruffled both pieces.  I then top stitched them in place.


I then hotglued some yo-yos on some of the letters and hot glued the chipboard to my denim ruffle.
Here is the YO YO TUTORIAL that I used.


Here is a close up of the different colored side.  I wish that the letters would have been a little thicker to show off the pops of color.  But at 1.06 a letter I got over it.


A close up of the letters


It was an awesome 70 degrees today here in Kansas so I am ready for SPRING!!



I kept moving it around the house until I found where I wanted it.  I hung it across our front window, but I didn't like the denim hanging down the middle of the window.  So I twisted the ends into little rosettes around the nail I hung it with.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

504 Main



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


craft
The DIY Show Off
giveawaysVisit thecsiproject.com

Comments

  1. Super cute! Love all the colors and the fabrics! Thanks so much for linking this up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The denim ruffle totally makes it for me. And I'm with you-so ready for spring.

    Thanks for linking,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors, very Springy! I love using scraps to make projects too! Visiting from A Glimpse Inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just looked at those chipboard letters today at Hobby Lobby and I had so many ideas racing through my head of what I could do with them. I love love love this project idea! The denim fabric really looks great with it. Great post
    http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping over at my blog. I am a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so great! i love that you used jeans and ruffled them. So adorable!!!
    saw you at Tatertots and jello.
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. following you now. Glad I met you a party :0) haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! Mod Podge is a girl's best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute! What a wonderful way to welcome spring!

    I am having a gibeaway on my blog. $38 + free ship from busy little hands to buy a cute kid backpack from her store. She has tote's for mom too.Do check it out.
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/38-store-credit-free-shipping-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I'm so ready for spring. I'd love for you to link it up at I ♥ Nap Time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I'd love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays @ Singing Three Little Birds.
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/03/inspire-me-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is super cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful banner!! So creative!! Totally makes me in the mood for spring!! :) Linking it up at http://bluerobincottage.blogspot.com :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! I am going to show this banner off on Friday over on my blog! Come check it out at
    www.alove2create.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is adorable!!! Will probably be featuring it at some point on my blog when I do a features post - just don't have it scheduled yet! will let you know!!!

    It came out fabulous :) - love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by from a link on Tatertots and Jello. FABULOUS in every way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to find your blog! We are also two sisters blogging together...one of the funnest things we've ever done! I love your spring chipboard banner! It makes me so ready for warm weather and all things spring! Thank you so much for sharing your great tutorial on Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha, ha! I love the color that you have used! Hmm... You just gave me a brilliant idea about decorating my home for the spring season. I want to try this! Since my stairs have been replaced with new iron stairs, I think it is good to put Chipboard Letter near our stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute! I like it a lot. I do the same sort of thing with those letters only I use scrapbook paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Had to do it today - I love it!

    http://www.mesewcrazy.com/2011/03/friday-sew-crazy-features.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! I'm featuring you tomorrow! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so cute. I love banners. great job and awesome blog.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nand is Among the hurry of Guys who pursue Shanu, the new English Instructor in Meerut. On his exploring her meant improve-Moi, the intercourse-obsessed spirit of Rasbhari, their relationship Typically ordinarily requires a fresh adjust.
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya
    Kundali Bhagya

    ReplyDelete
  24. I then mod podged the fabric onto the letters. I did two coats. One to attach the fabric and a top coat to make the letters shiny. silicone wedding rings chile , silicone wedding rings germany

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so delighted to stumble upon this charming blog post from the Sisters of the Wild West! It's a delightful journey back in time to the days when home economics was all the rage.
    https://www.frugalishness.com/starbucks-advent-calendar/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I appreciate your commentary and analysis of these vintage ads. It adds depth and context to the visuals you've shared. Your blog provides a unique and valuable perspective on the intersection of history, advertising, and gender roles.
    https://www.promocodehq.com/blog/how-to-add-money-to-cash-app-card-at-7-eleven/

    ReplyDelete
  27. "I appreciate the diversity of voices and perspectives showcased on this blog. It's a great platform for learning and celebrating different cultures."
    https://savingcentstogether.com/promotions/the-parking-spot-promo-code

    ReplyDelete
  28. "The attention to detail in the design and layout of this blog is exceptional. It enhances the overall user experience and keeps me engaged."
    https://justamazingdiscounts.com/bonchon-promo-code/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. I LOVE your Feedback!