Valentine's Day Glittered Bunting Wall Art

I just love glitter.  Especially RED!!!  Valentines Day is right around the corner and  I needed something to sparkle up my walls.  I also love buntings...so i combined the two.
 
I started with a blank 10x10 canvas that you can get  here. W&n Artists Stretched Canvas 10x10 Case/6


 I painted my canvas with acrylic paints that you can get here One Stroke 1287 Folk Art 32-Count Acrylic-Paint Value Pack.  I used white and a little brown to make an offwhite.
 Then I cut some scrap paper to see how I wanted to arrange my bunting.  Play around with your arrangement.   I cut my triangles big enough that my letters would fit.(down below).
                                               Another arrangement.  I decided on the second.
I used some scrapbook paper from a pack I got from hobby lobby like this Search Amazon.com for scrapbook paper pads, but you could use any paper or fabric scraps.  You would need to iron fabric onto some heat and bond to keep it from fraying. Or you could use pinking shears. 
                           Here are the colors I went with.  They have a Valentine's theme to them.
 I used my all time favorite glue Gem-tac.  I use it on everything.


                             I used my scrap as a pattern and cut a triangle out of each paper that I chose.
 I got my hot glue and gun and 2 strips of red 3/8 in. gross grain ribbon Grosgrain Ribbon Group 20 Rolls 3/8", 40 Yards.

I placed a strip a of hot glue right above the bunting and stuck down the ribbon.  Be careful not to pull too tight or curve too much.  I had to go back and place a little more glue where i got a few bubbles.


 After you have both ribbons on then attach your lettering. I used Martha Stewart's Double sided alphabet that I bought at Micheals on sale.  When peeling off your letters Be careful and make sure to get through the sticky layer.

Stick each letter in a triangle and then pull of the top layer revealing clear sticky letters.
 I then sprinkled the letters with Martha Stewart glitter from her glitter pack Martha Stewart 24-Vial Glitter Multi-Pack.  I used the "garnet" glitter on the letters.
I then used some gem-tac Beacon Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive, 4-Ounce and I mixed with water and painted an outline around each bunting. 
I then sprinkled on more Martha Steward Glitter.  I used the color "tourmaline" around the edges.


                I cut a 12in. piece of red sequin ribbon that I hot glued to the back to hang up the canvas.





                    Then you are done!!  You can easily change it up and make it say anything you want!!








Comments